The HYDAC Hydraulic Trainer The modern training device for first-class and practical hydraulics training
To support theoretical education and for training purposes, the practical HHT2 hydraulic training package was developed by HYDAC.
Hands-on hydraulics, modern and interactive
Built with robust HYDAC components from current production in industrial-grade design, the hydraulic trainer HHT2 is an integrated all-inclusive strategy for the topic of hydraulics – with a wide range of options and corresponding training exercises.
As various work packages can be selected as desired, a variety of content within the topic of hydraulics can be taught:
- Manually operated standard hydraulics
- Proportional technology
- Measurement equipment
- PLC package for extensive open- and closed-loop tasks
- Digital package 4.0 for extended connectivity
One or two workstations that can be used independently enable all hydraulic training tasks to be mapped on a single device. The hydraulic trainer HHT2 makes hydraulics a hands-on experience and makes it possible to apply theoretical knowledge quickly, simply, cleanly and in a fun way in a group of up to six participants simultaneously.
With its robust industrial components, the HYDAC hydraulic trainer provides an integrated all-inclusive strategy. All hydraulic training tasks can be mapped on a single device.
Technical characteristics, hydraulic trainer HHT2
- Speed-controlled KINESYS power unit for 230 V / 50 Hz, no three-phase current needed
- Low-noise pump (<50 dBa at 1-metre distance)
- Flow rate 3.7 l/min per workstation
- Pressure ports can be switched separately
- Non-adjustable maximum pressure limit
- Automatic depressurisation of tank during switching
- Other voltage ranges on request
- Industry components from the HYDAC product range (practical)
- Can be positioned freely on the profile wall
- Patented mounting system
- Attractive appearance with anodised aluminium blocks
Future-proof education in the era of digitisationPractical teaching of digital expertise
The relentless progress of digitisation is showing no signs of stopping, even in technical apprenticeship trades. Accordingly, an increasing level of expertise in digital information processing is called for in mechatronics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering and production technology. Anyone wishing to provide training with future potential therefore needs to incorporate new digital technologies into their training strategy.
To fulfil this requirement, HYDAC has added the digital package 4.0 to the HYDAC hydraulic trainer:
- Integration of all electronic components in a separate rack
- Collection, depiction, transmission and saving of measured data
- The correct methods for dealing with measurement data can thus be taught in a simple and practical way.
- Integration of HYDAC components, such as sensors and interfaces, and thus simple interaction with other HYDAC packages
- The software used is tailored to the needs of our customers and can be flexibly adjusted to suit your requirements.
This user-friendly and training-orientated system enables users to work through work-related situations directly related to practice and thus come up with various solutions and strategies for action.
With the hydraulic training package from HYDAC, we are already well equipped for tomorrow’s digital world of work.
Technical characteristics and accessories, digital package 4.0
- Rolling 19" rack
- Holder for portable data recorder HMG 4000
- Built-in PLC
- CSI-C-11 – i4.0-compatible condition sensor interface for fluid-orientated machine condition monitoring
- CS1320 contamination sensor for mineral-oil-based fluids
- IO-Link Master
- HPT 1446S – i4.0-compatible smart pressure transmitter
- AS 1008 Aquasensor
- DATA+ edge computing device
- Accessory cable
- Switch cabinet with main switch
- Easily expandable
Advantages of the HYDAC hydraulic training package at a glance
- Practical hydraulic training device with robust componentsin industrial-grade design from the leading manufacturer HYDAC
- As hydraulics work packages can be selected as needed, a variety of topics can be taught
- Well-thought-out overall concept with everything from a single source: trainer, power unit, components, training tasks and contacts
- Successful mix of form and function
- Hydraulic training device very quiet and energy-saving, thanks to variable-speed drive unit
- Simple operation and tool-free circuit design
- Highly robust, low-leakage industrial connectors
- Modular, allowing for flexibility andexpansion
- Custom integration of additional components is straightforward
- Drawer cabinet and hose holder for clean storage
- Expert commissioning and instruction possible on site
HYDAC offers additional service for the hydraulic trainer HHT2
- Various training exercises for the training device
- Commissioning package
- Maintenance of your hydraulic training device by HYDAC
- Basic hydraulic training courses
- Advanced hydraulic seminars
- Hydraulic system and control technology
- Specialist service-related seminars
- Special E-learning courses
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How audible is the trainer? Can you have a conversation or give further explanations when it is turned on?
When the hydraulic trainers were designed, the noise level was a special consideration. A sound pressure level of 46 to 50 dBA (1 meter distance) is achieved by the system with adjustable frequency unit. That means you can have a conversation without any problems if the trainer is switched on.
What power supply does the device require?
The integrated power units of the hydraulic trainers are compatible with a normal socket (Schuko) (1x 230 V, 50 Hz). No three-phase connection is therefore required. Other versions and other voltages are available; please contact us for further information. You can find more information in our HHT2 hydraulic trainer product catalogue.
On the other hand, the power unit for mobile training requires three phases (3x 400 V, 50 Hz), and a CEE 400 V 16 A socket is required. See product catalogue: load-sensing.
What pressure range and flow rate range does the trainer operate in?
The power pack of the hydraulic trainer provides 3.7 l/min per workstation. The operating pressure for the exercises is 0 to 60 bar. The pressure level is limited to 70 bar. You can find more information in our HHT2 hydraulic trainer product catalogue.
What oil do I need to use for filling and how much oil does the power unit need?
The tank of the hydraulic trainer has a capacity of 20 litres. Clean oil ISO VG 32 (hydraulic oil according to DIN 51524 T1 + T2, viscosity range 32 mm²/s at 40°C oil temperature) is used to fill the tank. For more information and start-up instructions, please refer to the operating instructions of the hydraulic trainers.
How are the components attached to the wall?
To attach components to the profile wall, use specially designed brackets. The assembly and disassembly of the valves is carried out without tools. The components can be freely positioned on the profile wall using the fastening system.
Is the trainer mobile?
The hydraulic trainer is mobile. It is fitted with four polyamide swivel casters.
Does it fit through doors?
Yes. You can push the trainer through normal doors without any problems (see dimensions).
How heavy and how big is the trainer (dimensions)?
The hydraulic trainer weighs 465 kg.
Dimensions: 2090 mm x 780 mm x 1774 mm (L x W x H)
Do I have to buy everything at once? What training areas does the trainer cover?
You do not have to acquire all the versions and components. There are different designs and configuration levels. The system is modular and can be upgraded and adjusted to meet your training needs. Contact us for further information.
What upgrade options are available?
A wide range of upgrade options are available. The components have been divided into the following categories:
- Standard hydraulics with manual operation
- Electro-hydraulic valves
- Relay switch box
- Programmable memory control
- Proportional technology
- Digital package 4.0
- Mobile control blocks (open/closed-centre)
- Load-sensing unit
- Various function modules
With how many people can you work and train on the trainer?
We recommend three people per workstation. Our trainer with two workstations allows six people to learn comfortably.
Can I set up different circuits on two sides? Do the two sides function independently of each other?
Our trainers with two workstations permit different exercises and circuits at each workstation. Both sides function independently for the majority of the exercises. Each team can work at its own pace.
Are there any tasks assigned to the trainer?
We developed a large number of tasks for the hydraulic trainers. The tasks are grouped and available as a PDF file. There is a version for students and a version for teachers. The training exercises are available exclusively with the purchase of a hydraulic trainer.
Extract from the exercises for the hydraulic trainer:
- The terms pressure, area and force
- Transmission of force
- The flow rate as a hydraulic parameter
- Relationship between velocity, pressure and flow rate
- Hydraulic cylinder (master/slave cylinder, simultaneous motion, holding positions and “tracking”)
- Velocity control with throttle valves or supply control
- Electrical piloting of valves
- Self-holding circuit for 4/3-directional valves
- Differences between monostable and bistable valves
- Working with time delays
- Realising cyclic processes
- Structure of PLC programs
- Use of SR elements in PLC programs
- Control of 4/2 and 4/3 directional valves
- Different control modes of mono/bistable valves
- Realising different speeds
- Sequential controls
- Integration of sensors (proximity switches / pressure switches)
- Use of timers
In addition to training tasks, we also supply reference books. You can also buy the textbooks from us without attending a seminar or purchasing the hydraulic trainer.
Can I rent the hydraulic trainer?
If you do not need the hydraulic trainer on a regular basis or perhaps only once, we can gladly provide you with a hydraulic trainer as a rental unit. The delivered equipment of the rental device is determined according to your requirements.
How are the valves actuated or switched?
The hydraulic trainer comes in different versions. The standard hydraulics version features manual operation of the valves by means of a lever. The electrohydraulic version operates the valves by means of solenoids and an electric circuit. The student learns how to wire the valve and can use switches or a PLC to create the required movements.