Apprentice and Work Experience A range of opportunities for individuals who are just starting their careers or looking to gain valuable work experience in the engineering and technology industry.

HYDAC for the right start in your career

We are proud to offer a range of opportunities for individuals who are just starting their careers or looking to gain valuable work experience in the engineering and technology industry. Our programs, including our Apprenticeship Program, provide hands-on training, mentorship, and support to help individuals develop the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in their careers.

Whether you are a secondary school student, a recent graduate, or a seasoned professional looking to make a career change, we have opportunities available that will help you reach your goals.  Read on to find information about our programs, the benefits of participating, and how to apply. We look forward to helping you embark on your journey with HYDAC Technology!

ApprenticeshipsA great option to receive on the job training and a qualification.

As an Apprentice at HYDAC you’ll receive on the job training with experienced professionals whilst also earning a salary.  80% of your time will be spent in the workplace with the remaining 20% spent on classroom based learning with a college, university or training provider. 

Successful completion of your training will result in you gaining a nationally recognised qualification.  Many of our apprentices have chosen to stay with us and have progressed through the company to become mentors and managers. Whatever your ambition, the training you receive will provide you with great opportunities. Remember, there are no age limits when it comes to apprenticeships!  For more information and to find out what apprenticeships are currently available at HYDAC please view our current vacancies. 

Current Vancancies

Work ExperienceInvaluable experience of the engineering, hydraulics and technology industry across various business units.

HYDAC Technology welcomes the opportunity to support young people, by providing invaluable work experience placements to students from local schools. Our experienced workforce enjoy having young people on site, and do their upmost to help them make the most of their time with us. 

We have lots of different departments to choose from including administration, marketing, engineering and production.  If you’d like more information about the work experience opportunities we can offer, Please get in contact with us or download our work experience enquiry form.

Unfortunately all our available slots for work experience candidates in 2023 have now been filled. If you would like to be considered for our 2024 intake then please still contact us.

Contact us              Download form

Parents, teachers and careers advisors FAQs

How long is the work experience placement?

Depending on the area of the business, we can accommodate placements for either one or two weeks at a time.

How do you keep young people safe on site?

Health and Safety is paramount for everyone on site at HYDAC, but especially for young people.  For that reason Risk Assessments are carried out with every young person before we allow them to start work.  Young people will be accompanied at all times while in the working environment, particularly with shop floor placements.  

Is it possible for a young person to have Work Experience in more than one department?

Yes.  We appreciate some young people may not yet have a clear idea of what they’d like to do when they leave school.  If you have a young person that would like to gain experience in more than one department that’s absolutely fine, just add the details to the application form and we’ll try our best to accommodate.   

What benefits do participants receive from HYDAC Technology's apprenticeship and work experience programs?

Participants receive hands-on training, mentorship, and support from experienced professionals, as well as the opportunity to gain valuable work experience and build their skills and knowledge in the engineering and technology industry.

Current vacanciesCheck out all our current opportunities

See current vacancies

For more information on apprenticeships or work experience contact us.

Even if you can't see a role that fits your skill set send us your details, as we are always open to hear from motivated and skilled candidates.

Contact us