Legal & Policies
We would like to emphasise that the following information on our website and HYDAC Online Tools is based on product details and values which relate to average applications, which do not necessarily apply in specific cases. As we are constantly improving our products, the values, dimensions and weights may also change, although we do our utmost to update these changes on a continuous basis. For a specific application for the product you require, please therefore contact our relevant department. The required performance characteristics can then be matched to the demands of the individual case at the point of purchase.
We would also like to emphasise that our operating conditions have been created to the best of our knowledge and belief. Nevertheless and despite the greatest care, it cannot be excluded that mistakes could have crept in.
Therefore we shall assume liability in cases of wilful misconduct and gross negligence. Moreover, we shall also assume liability for defects fraudulently concealed or whose absence has been guaranteed, or in cases of negligent causation of harm to life, limb and health, or the violation of a material contractual obligation. Obligations considered material to the contract are those whose performance is vital to the proper execution of the contract and upon which the Customer may routinely rely. This shall be without prejudice to mandatory statutory liability, including, but not limited to, liability under the German Product Liability Act (ProdHaftG). Otherwise we disclaim all liability, regardless of the legal grounds on which any such liability may be founded. In the event that we should negligently breach any material contractual obligation, our liability shall be limited to the reasonably foreseeable loss.
Software Liability Statement
The following software / information is based on product details and values which relate to average applications, which do not necessarily apply in specific cases. As we are constantly improving our products, the characteristics, dimensions and weights can also change, although we do our utmost to incorporate these changes continually. For a specific application for the product you require, therefore, please contact our appropriate department. The required performance characteristics can then be matched to the demands of the individual case at the point of purchase.
Our liability – for any legal reasons whatsoever – is excluded. We shall not be held liable for damages incurred by the supplied software results as it relates to the use of our products, and in particular we will accept no liability for loss of profit or other financial loss incurred by the customer. This exclusion of liability does not apply in cases of intent and gross negligence. Moreover, it does not apply to defects which have been deceitfully concealed or whose absence has been guaranteed, nor in cases of culpable harm to life, physical injury and damage to health. Should we violate a major contractual obligation through gross negligence, our liability is limited to the foreseeable damage. Claims on product liability shall remain unaffected.
HYDAC Group of Companies
Being a worldwide active group of companies, we see it as a matter of course to act according to the same basic principles on the market all over the world. The business code below lays down minimum requirements on this basis, which can be supplemented to suit national needs.
- Relevant existing laws and other national and international regulations form the natural fundamentals for our action.
- We take account of the relevant social, cultural and political boundary conditions.
- Human dignity rules out any kind of discrimination, force or harassment.
- The applicable regulations with regard to protection of minors, labor protection and health protection are an imperative and postulation for us to put these human rights into practice. This ultimately includes environmental protection.
- We stand by the principles of free market economy and hence by open and fair competition.
- Confidentiality is a central prerequisite for fair and partnership-based cooperation.
- We will not cooperate with persons, companies or institutions, of whom or which we know that they do not observe minimum standards.
To our valued customers:
HYDAC Technology Corp / HYDAC Corp (HYDAC) have received many requests from our customers concerning the Dodd-Frank Conflict Minerals legislation.
HYDAC’s culture is built on ethics, integrity and trust. We conduct our business in keeping with these values, and work hard to develop and maintain satisfied customers with quality products and services which meet our customers’ expectations.
The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted rules to implement reporting and disclosure requirements related to “Conflict Minerals”, as directed by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010. The rules require that manufacturers who are registered with the SEC to disclose whether the products they manufacture, or contract to manufacture, contain “Conflict Minerals” sourced from “Covered Countries” that are necessary to the functionality or production of those products.
- “Conflict Minerals” currently refer to gold, tin, tantalum, and tungsten, derivatives of cassiterite, columbite-tantalite, and wolframite, regardless of where they are sourced, processed or sold.
- The “Covered Countries” include: Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, Sudan, Zambia, Angola, Congo Republic, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and Uganda.
HYDAC operations in the United States does not conduct direct business with smelters of these materials, but rather contracts with suppliers who supply goods and services which contain them.
As a privately-held company, HYDAC is working with its customers and suppliers to ensure compliance throughout our supply chain, and while not required to file SEC reports, supports the intent of these objectives. HYDAC is committed to the development of a conflict-free supply chain by aligning our worldwide suppliers with this commitment.
- We will not knowingly procure components which contain Conflict Minerals from Covered Countries which are not deemed conflict-free.
- We will perform reasonable due diligence to document that Conflict Minerals used in the materials and components supplied to HYDAC are procured from outside the Covered Countries or, if they originate from the Covered Countries, that they are certified as conflict-free.
- We are committed to educating our employees and suppliers to ensure improved visibility in regards to the origin of the minerals and compliance by not knowingly sourcing Conflict Minerals from Covered Countries that are not deemed conflict-free.
If we discover that the use of any of these Conflict Minerals is found to originate from the Covered Countries, from sources that are not deemed conflict-free, we will take action to transition toward a conflict-free status. Given the complexity and variety of our product offering and global supply chain, we know that this requires resources and time, but are committed to meeting this goal.
The State of California, requires certain disclosures regarding human trafficking and slavery, as part of the Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010.
HYDAC is in the process of reviewing its policies and operations to evaluate and address the risks of human trafficking and slavery with respect to its supply chain partners. Currently, however, HYDAC does not:
(1) Engage in verification of product supply chains to evaluate and address risks of human trafficking and slavery.
(2) Conduct audits of suppliers to evaluate supplier compliance with slavery and human trafficking laws of the country or countries in which the suppliers are doing business.
(3) Require direct suppliers to certify that materials incorporated into the product comply with the laws regarding slavery and human trafficking of the country or countries in which the suppliers are doing business.
(4) Maintain internal accountability standards and procedures for employees or contractors regarding slavery and trafficking.
(5) Provide company employees and management, who have direct responsibility for supply chain management, training on human trafficking and slavery, particularly with respect to mitigating risks within the supply chains of products.
HYDAC provides Proposition 65 warnings with many of our products so we can be sure to comply with a unique California law that requires providing a warning to California customers for potential exposures to minute quantities of certain substances. These warnings are not required by any other state or by the federal government, and our products can be sold everywhere else in the world without these warnings, but we provide them to be sure we are complying with California law.
The California Proposition 65 law arguably requires warnings for more than 900 substances, including many that are commonly found in toys, appliances, consumer electronics, coffee, French fries, grilled hamburgers, crackers, dried fruit, nuts, olive oil, cosmetics, drugs, buildings, cars and other materials that people encounter on a daily basis.
A Proposition 65 warning means that the business issuing the warning either knows that one or more listed chemicals is present in its product, or that the company believes one or more of these chemicals may be present but has not verified that they are or are not there. The presence or absence of Proposition 65 does not determine whether a product is safe or unsafe, but Proposition 65 requires that warnings be given unless a possible exposure to a listed substance is between 1,000 to 100,000 times lower than the lowest exposure levels that might have an adverse effect on human health.
Further information regarding California Proposition 65 is available at the following website operated by the State of California: